Admission Requirements for Pre-NCE, NCE and undergraduates
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DEGREE
- NCE with a minimum of “C” grade in the core subject, Education and one Teaching Subject
- SSCE, GCE, Grade II pass with 5 in relevant Subject including English and Mathematics with JAMB minimum cut off point.
- IJMB/A Level with a minimum “C” grade in core subject and any 2 other relevant subjects
- In some courses there are other conditions to be met depending on the course.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR N.C.E
- Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or GCE O level with passes in 5 subjects including English, three of which must be at credit levels in the same sitting or or four credits at two sitting. Two of the credits must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to offer. Credits in English and/or Mathematics may be required in some courses.
- A grade II Teachers, Certificate TC II with credit or merits in three subjects, two of which must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to offer, credit/merit in English Language and/or mathematics may be a requirement in some courses.
- Any additional qualifications that is acceptable to the NCE and the College.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR Pre-N.C.E
- WASC/SSCE/GCE with 4 passes at a sitting or 5 passes at 2 sitting including English language, Mathematics and two (2) other relevant science subjects or evidence of attempted WASC/SSCE/GCE or equivalent.
- A complete Teacher Grade II Certificate with passes in English language, mathematics, Principle of Education, General/Integrated Science and any other science related subjects such as health science, Agricultural Science, Applied Biology, Home Economics etc.
REMEDIAL STUDIES (NOTE)
- Applicants offering two science subject are required to have WASC, pass or the equivalent in mathematics.
- Applicants offering mathematics as one of the two major teaching subjects must have a credit in mathematics at the SSCE level or its equivalents credit or merit in Arithmetic’s at TC II level .
- Applicants offering Agricultural education in addition to the general admission requirement must have a credit in Agricultural Science and a credit in any of the following :- Biology, Chemistry, physics, Geology, or TC II Certificate with credit or merit in Agricultural science plus integrated science or general science.
- Applicants offering Home Economics in addition to the general admission are required to have credit or equivalent in Home Economics and in addition a WASC, credits or equivalent in any of the following:- Biology, Science, Health science, Physics, Needle Work, Cookery & Geography.
- A complete Teacher Grade II Certificate with passes in English language, mathematics, Principle of Education, General/Integrated Science and any other science related subjects such as health science, Agricultural Science, Applied Biology, Home Economics etc